Monday, May 10, 2010

Dreaming of a Road Trip

My family and I recently became the excited owners of a new motor home. Well, let me digress a little....our new little home on wheels was built in 1989 but it is still shiny and new to us! Outfitting our "classic" gem and generally bringing it back to it's former glory, has got me reminiscing about all the road trips I took with my family, when I was a kid. We were a camping sort of clan although realistically, that was probably the only kind of trip that was affordable at the time. Nevertheless, it sparked in me, an early love of adventure, the smell of the campfire and the hunt for the always elusive, grand-daddy of a fishing spot. It is no wonder I married a man of adventure, someone who would share my love of the outdoors, and I am so excited about creating these same memories with our own little ones. After all, we are a camping sort of clan!
http://www.etsy.com/listing/39817636/camp-fire-girls-vintage-postage-stamp

1 comment:

  1. Great story. You're an excellent writer. I'd like permission to reprint this story in my e-zine "Art-Online."

    Marian
    Marian Cates
    Art-Online
    http://artonline-mwc.blogspot

    ReplyDelete