Thursday, May 27, 2010

Blackberries


Summer is almost upon us and the ripening blackberries on our backyard bushes are a sure sign. Started from a few scrappy seedlings from my Mom's yard, somehow they have survived in our lackluster soil. Since the move to our new home, we talked about putting in a garden. What a great experience it would be for the kids, we thought...... Well, three years later, we still don't have a dedicated garden, but we do have our blackberry bushes! I love that the kids can pick ripe berries, whenever they get the urge. Such memories I have of picking those sticky, ripe berries right off the vine, quickly popping them in my mouth! Red stained fingers was always the telltale sign of this endeavor! I am just so happy that my own kids are carrying on that story......now, if we could just get that garden started........



o

No comments:

Post a Comment